When an item is set to out of stock in your POS system, NearSt will remove this product from Google in real-time. On the odd occasion, you may have an in-stock item in your POS that you don’t think should show up in Google.
For those instances, you can exclude a barcode by following the steps below:
- Log into MyShop
- Click on the ‘Inventory’ tab in the left panel
- Below ‘excluded barcodes’, enter the barcode you wish to hide into the search bar
- Click the green ‘+’ symbol to the left of the barcode
Done! The item will disappear from Google within a day, although it’s often within an hour!
I’ve changed my mind, can I recover an excluded item?
Yes! Simply find the barcode in the excluded items section and select the ‘-’ symbol, NearSt will get the item back into Google (again, within a day but often much faster).
Why would I want to exclude an item?
In most cases you should mark an item as unavailable in your POS system and NearSt will update Google. However, here are a few examples where excluding a barcode may come in handy:
- I sell a different unit/quantity than the item is usually sold in
- I sometimes use ‘placeholder’ barcodes for products that don’t have a barcode of their own
- I track certain products in my POS but these are not available for sale to customers
- I do a stock and price review for certain products before they are available for sale
If you have any questions or need any support along the way, we’re here to help! Just drop us an email on email@example.com, click the chat bubble in the bottom right corner or give us a call on 0333 050 9658.